Sunday 4 July 2010


~Old wading boots and trousers put to the test~


Try Wet Wading:

I was lucky enough to spend 3 weeks in NZ early this year where Wet Wading is considered the norm. Admittedly, my initial wettings were tentative affairs, but in no time at all, I took to it like a duck to water! The advantages are obvious in hot weather, or when covering a lot ground. So, following our current heatwave, it was time to give it ago here in the UK. Water temperatures on the river Wharfe topped 17 degrees C, which were very comfortable. In fact, at this temperature wet wading was surprisingly enjoyable. On my home river the Bela, temps came in a little lower at 13 degrees C. And although a little more refreshing, everything was still fine, as I didn't feel any chill at all. Understandably, it's not recommended if you aim to spend long periods up to your waist in water, But, if like me, you're forever popping from pool to pool, it rids you from the shackles of chest waders. Why not give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.


Paul~

~A pair of neoprene socks between boots and feet definitely help~


~Easy does it-one step at a time......!~