Tuesday 3 April 2012

Back on home turf:

P1010612

Whilst destination fishing takes me far afield there’s something special about being reacquainted with an old friend-my home river.  Low, clear water might well have put trout on high alert, but plenty of bugs flitting about  encouraged a few of them to eat flies from the surface.  Bright sun brought me my knees and once in range of feeding fish, longer leaders helped present the fly like thistledown.  Given the presence of terrestrials a small, beetle like imitation seemed wise and when fish nosing 3lb odd move to snaffle your fly, you know you’ve cracked it.

Paul~

P1010615

 

 

 

~This sleek beauty moved some 3ft to engulf my small terrestrial pattern~

 

 

 

P1010608

 

 

 

 

 

 

~The signature of a clean spring fish is one bearing a butter yellow belly~