Sunday 6 January 2013

Finally…ready & waiting:

Mat McHugh of Fly Odyssey has teamed up with a group of French/Belgium marine biologist to help study the Giant Trevally and South Pacific bonefish inhabiting the shores of Tahiti. I’ve been asked along to assist with this project which I’m sure will involve a fair bit of fishing too. Currently, our dates are sketchy though I’ve been up to my neck in fur and feathers for weeks now tying up all sorts of fluffy concoction that will hopefully tempt these aggressive beasts. There’s light at the the of the tunnel now, giving me time to pack in readiness and finally catch up with blogs etc. Happy New Year and let’s hope 2013 is somewhat drier.

 

You need patterns like this outsized 3/0 Clouser to turn the heads of apex predators like Giant Trevally. Adjacent is a size 12 black dry fly that provides a sense of scale!GT Clouser